ONE MISSION – ONE GOAL – ONE TEAM
Gutsy Leaders create Gutsy Teams that make Gutsy Moves. They’re proactive – not reactive; and create the future by summoning the courage to adapt and align. Drawing on her trailblazing career as a U.S. Marine combat helicopter pilot, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour unloads valuable lessons learned under the most stressful of circumstances – about leadership, teamwork, resilience, communication, execution, and building a culture of unshakable trust. FlyGirl’s storytelling lights up people’s imaginations – showing them new ways to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
• How to build trust: Get everyone to step up, engage, and collaborate
• Get personal: Learn each person’s skills, talents & hidden passions
• Ways to unleash your diversity to strengthen the bottom line
• Disrupt traditional metrics of success (measure more than money)
• Learn when to plant and when to pivot in order to adapt-at-speed
• Create a culture that attracts and retains the best talent
TAILORED TO THESE THEMES: Leadership, Teamwork, Execution, Adapting to Change, Inspiration, Creating High Performing Culture, Improving Trust, Diversity, Accountability, Engagement
GET GUTSY – HARNESS A BREAKTHROUGH MINDSET
How you react to personal and professional obstacles, adversity, and disappointment is a choice. It also determines your future. Black, female, gay, and a child of divorce, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour learned this early in her pioneering journey from motorcycle cop to the Marines to becoming America’s first Black female combat pilot. FlyGirl’s energy rocks the house as she recounts for audiences her challenges, adventures, and ultimate triumph. Her authenticity, enthusiasm, and positivity inspire people to Get Gutsy and finally reimagine what’s possible.
• 7-step process to shatter limiting beliefs and unleash breakthroughs
• Replace a self-defeating “Zero Mentality” with a winning “Breakthrough Mentality”
• How to avoid burnout and keep moving forward
• Delay is not Denial, and to Retreat does not mean Defeat
• Tactics to ignite your passion and design the path to your dreams
TAILORED TO THESE THEMES: Inspiration, Positivity, Resilience, Motivation, Achieving Big Goals, Overcoming Obstacles, Empowerment, Diversity
WHO NEEDS A RUNWAY? TAKE OFF FROM WHERE YOU ARE
Helicopter pilots spring into action from where they are. They don’t need a runway. It’s their edge in battle. Marine chopper pilot Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour believes this metaphor is perfect for uncertain times where speed and agility are survival skills. FlyGirl fires up audiences with her energy and storytelling – relating hard-learned lessons with tactics for quickly adapting to the forces of change. This presentation is perfect for audiences navigating uncertainty or looking to accomplish audacious goals. FlyGirl will spark their courage and enthusiasm.
• Recognize and take decisive action to capitalize on defining moments
• No situation is ever perfect – gain momentum from where you are
• The three-step plan: Decide, Commit, and Execute…at speed
• Recognize and harness the talents of everyone around you
• How to create a “Zero to Breakthrough” culture
TAILORED TO THESE THEMES: Change, Inspiration, Overcoming Adversity, Innovation, Making Faster Decisions, Creating a High Performing Culture
A NEW CONVERSATION: ACTIVELY TRANSFORMING A COMPANY, CULTURE AND COUNTRY
It’s time! This is about coming together – working to create an equitable culture for employees, stakeholders, and customers. A place where ALL can feel like they belong and are part of the team. It starts by establishing rules of engagement for civil, productive conversations that find solutions – not fault. Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour was a diversity officer for U.S. Marine Corps HQ; its liaison to the Pentagon. As a gay Black woman she brought valuable personal experience to her work. She learned: When you bring people together, their differences can result in tension…THIS IS NORMAL! How you MANAGE that diversity is the key!
• Create a culture that values and respects all team members
• Why it’s time to turn THE Conversation into a NEW Conversation
• Ways to face uncomfortable issues without playing ostrich
• How to prevent a counter-productive herd mentality
• Set an example of civility and motivate people to respond in kind
TAILORED TO THESE THEMES: Belonging, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Organizational Culture, Teamwork, Communication Skills